Since 2020, Manta Network has been hard at work building our vision of the best privacy-preserving layer-1 protocol for the DeFi ecosystem. We've hit some major milestones, and have been developing at full speed. This is our trophy room, where we can showcase all of our major accomplishments.
- Manta Network completes its first milestone of its W3F Grant. As a Web3 Foundation Grant recipient, Manta Network has been working hard on its development while aligning major milestones with the W3F grant. The W3F team was impressed, stating, "Team put a ton of effort in response to initial feedback. Clean code, well documented and good performance. All aspects of the delivery were improved, including overall code standards, functionality (hiding amounts in private transfers) and documentation."
- Manta Network's technical paper is eprinted in the International Association for Cryptologic Research (IACR). The IACR is a world-renowned scientific organization that focuses on research and innovation for cryptology. Manta Network's publication in this prestigious group demonstrates its legitimacy in aligning with and furthering innovation for cryptography and on-chain privacy.
- Manta Network Is Accepted into the Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator Program Cohort. Out of over 200 applications, Manta Network was selected as one of 21 emerging projects to join the exclusive Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator Program, which is hosted by UC Berkeley.
- Manta Network's Testnet Block Explorer Goes Live through Subscan. Manta Network's testnet block explorer has officially gone live. Anyone can view the blocks being publicly generated by visiting Manta Network's partner, Subscan.
- Manta Network & Acala Network Successfully Demonstrate Cross-chain XCM Communication. On the testnets of both networks, Manta Network and Acala Network successfully implemented cross-chain communication using XCM. The collaboration demonstrates composability within the Polkadot ecosystem, and also highlighted Manta Network’s capability to privatize parachain assets.
- Manta Network completes its Seed Round investment, led by Polychain Capital. Manta Network raised $1.1m in its seed round, led by Polychain Capital and included investors DeFiance Capital, Multicoin, Alameda, Hypersphere, and others.
- Manta Network Raises $5.5m in private round. Manta Network raises $5.5m in a private round that was led by CoinFund and ParaFi Capital.
- In Q2 2021, Manta Network published its global study on privacy and exchanges. With over 400 relevant respondents in the cryptocurrency space, Manta Network published a report on the general sentiment around on-chain privacy and trust in exchanges. The survey results mark the first-of-its-kind study specifically designed to quantify the emerging privacy problem in the blockchain and DeFi ecosystem. This research was also read and retweeted by Gavin Wood, founder of Polkadot.
- Manta Network's Canary Net, Calamari Network, Secures the 7TH Parachain Slot and Breaks Records. Calamari Network secured the 7th parachain slot on Kusama, and broke records by having over 16,000 participants in its crowdloan.